Tuesday, January 10, 2012

My Savior of the Year- A Staffing Firm



Finding the right job is tough.  Finding the right company is tough.  Finding the right employee to hire is even harder to do.  I am a prideful person, and I don’t like to ask for help generally.  As an owner of a B2B company, I found myself between a rock and a hard place this year, but with the help of a staffing firm I received the support and staffing help that I needed.   

Two of my employees were both of maternity and paternity leave within the same month and my office became short staffed.  We needed help.  Our secretary put up posts on all of the popular job search sites and professional social media websites as well, but after two weeks of a few weak responses, we needed a change and a fix to our problem.  I decided I wasn’t happy with productivity and the amount of time my staff and I were using towards this search of potential hires.  I was talking with a friend who suggested hiring an HR company that worked solely with recruitment.  I wasn’t exactly for hiring someone to find me a new hire but I was frustrated, so I found a staffing firm and gave them my needs for an employer and they did everything else.  My productivity went back up and I could continue to work in my normal day to day capacity.  We hired someone within ten days of hiring the company and they fell right into their place.

I lucked out that my friend suggested the staffing firm to fill our roles in our office, without them we would have been swamped with work and aggravation.  Now that the holidays have passed and the first quarter has begun, many employees have regained their PTO hours.  Many will be taking vacations in the spring and summer.  It is always better to be prepared.  Therefore,  it may be a good idea to do what I did in my time of trouble and work with an agency to find staffers to fill the roles during days and keep your business running smoothly.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home